Friday, March 20, 2009

Fox News - Where Will They Go

Will Fox News start changing their bent towards the democrats? Being owned by Murdock..and knowing that it's all about money, I for one see a slight change in their coverage of the debates. Will they fold to what will bring in more viewers and more moola? Hmmmm. I'm wondering.
October 15, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterBrenda Funk
Brenda,
Thank you for your insightful comment. I have observed that before Bush came to power, the Fox network was perceived by most to be liberal. I was surprised, after the rise of neo-conservative movement that they moved so hard to the right. I wouldn't be surprised if, as you suggest, they now go back towards the left again.
Although, I personally am so far to the left that even the even the democrats appear to me to be "right-wing," I certainly hope that they win this election. If they don't I fear that this country, indeed the entire planet is in serious trouble. The war that the conservatives have rekindled against the Muslim nations is already likely to last for years, if not centuries. Hopefully, Obama can do something to ease the tension.
This war is really a continuation of the holy wars that began so many thousands of years ago. And unfortunately, it appears that religion has shown itself to be the biggest catalyst of hatred that the human race will ever see.
October 21, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterAnonymous
Hey "Anonymous" you have some very relevant comments there: "And unfortunately, it appears that religion has shown itself to be the biggest catalyst of hatred that the human race will ever see."

A few years ago, there was a National Debate Forum that chose the following question to discuss: "Which has been more destructive in the history of civilization........................RELIGION or SCIENCE?"

It really made me think. I can't remember which side of the question won, but I know in MY mind that it would definitely be RELIGION! Thanks for reminding me.

BE A SUCKER FOR THE RICH...........................VOTE REPUBLICAN!
October 25, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterJNH88KR
Yes, JNH88KR. Definitely, Religion has been more destructive in human history. I actually see science as the beginning of civilization. Before humans became self-aware and started to study their surroundings, we were basically wild animals. Unfortunately, that same self-awareness "I exist" led to question "How did I come to exist?", so perhaps Science and Religion were born at the same time and are somewhat interconnected.

I astonishes me how many poor and middle class people are Republicans, when it is obvious that the Republicans are doing everything they can to benefit the wealthy at their expense. Maybe it is a matter of lack of education...
October 26, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterAnonymous
Interesting that this has taken a religious bent. I would recommend a very good book for thinking through the falicies and tragedies of Religion--Richard Dawkins - The God Dillusion.

For those who would say that religion is a personal and private issue, I would vehemently disagree. When it affects political and financial decisions in this country...it becomes public domain and can and should be criticized by every rational thinking person in this county.

No only has it been the cause of suffering and intolerance in the past....religion and the belief in a supreme being, no matter what the religion, is alive and well in this country. Religious zealots in this country are JUST AS frightening as fundamentalists in any other country or culture.

October 26, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterBrenda
I'd rather be rich so that I can help the poor without violence but with money.
(October 21, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterAnonymous said "I personally am so far to the left that even the even the democrats appear to me to be "right-wing,"......The war that the conservatives have rekindled against the Muslim nations " ) <------------ Rich Muslim nations should stop supporting Muslim terrorist all nations w/ Muslim terrrorist group. Race and religious agenda using our political groups must be exposed.
October 26, 2008 | Unregistered Commenterverbum
I'll agree with the way this thread seems to already be headed and concur that more EVIL has been done in the name of GOD than any other point of focus period. It would be so nice if we could all somehow live in harmony complete with all our diversity. It would be so nice, if as a society we could agree that certain good things are just GOOD and not have to create a corresponding BAD to try to kill off with laws and wars. I too am so far left of center that I'm completely off the charts. It's good to have a place to vent a bit of it. Maybe this place and others like it can be the root source and drive of some of the change our world so badly needs.
December 2, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterFrank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

I asked AI if it has been used to influence the U.S. Presidential Election and the answer was disturbing.

Question: Has artificial intelligence been used to influence the U.S. presidential election? ChatGPT: There have been concerns and investig...